COMING HOME II
Please join us for an evening of music, food and fun!
Saturday, September 22, 2018
6:30 – 10:30 p.m.
Des Moines Embassy Club
Funds raised through Coming Home II will be used to increase student access to the arts in Des Moines schools and to integrate arts into the curriculum. Art integration has had a measurable impact on student learning in Des Moines’ Turn Around Arts Schools.
Specific examples of needs that Coming Home II funds will address also include:
- Expansion of project “Our Des Moines” which introduces photo journalism (graphics and writing) to 5th-8th graders and links them with high school mentors
- Providing lessons and band camp scholarships to talented students who can’t afford them
- Providing (and repairing) instruments to allow more student participation in orchestra and band
- Supporting broad participation in the DMPS Fine Arts Exhibition
- Supporting innovative classroom projects that link and integrate the arts with (other) academics.